This article originally appeared in the March 5 issue of The Archway, Bryant’s student newspaper.
To say that I love basketball is an understatement. Well, if I’m being completely honest, I love all sports in which a ball is being thrown around and might come tantalizingly close to my jaws.
You may have noticed that I often walk around with some sort of ball in my mouth. If you mentioned that fact to my mom, she might have told you that I refuse to move WITHOUT my ball. Hey, everybody’s got their “thing,” right? Someone who’s insecure about their intellect might always talk about grades…someone who’s insecure about looks might post, like, a THOUSAND selfies a day.
Me? I KNOW I’m smart and beautiful. And charming. And humble…BOL! Some people speculate that I like to suckle on a ball because I was taken from my bulldog ma too soon, but that’s definitely not the case – I lived with my bulldog mom till I was 16 weeks old. That’s twice as long as most puppies! Most of my bulldog friends (I got tons on Twitter, IG, and FB!) like to suckle on blankets or stuffed animals, too.
Anyway, Bryant Basketball isn’t ALL about the ball. I present to you “Tupper’s Top Five Favorite Things About Bryant Basketball”:
- BASKETBALL. I know I said it isn’t ALL about the ball. But it’s a little bit about it! I love to watch the players run up and down the court bouncing it. It’s mesmerizing. Still waiting for someone to bounce it my way.
- DRIBBLING. Glad to know I’m not the only one who does this. Dribbling, I mean. Oh…Ma says it’s a different kind of dribbling. Wait…so I’m still the only one drooling at the games? Ma says other people might be drooling figuratively for different reasons, but I’m the only one who does so literally. That’s cool. I’ve always been a rebel.
- POPCORN. Sometimes, I’ll drop the ball when someone lets their kid carry his or her own popcorn ‘cuz that stuff goes EVERYWHERE when little kids try to walk and hold onto it at the same time!
- MY THRONE. Do you see my throne in the picture? My Uncle DP made that for me. And he brings it to every game I go to so that I have someplace to sit because the benches are too narrow. Hey, my legs are too short to anchor me. It’s a ruff life being the mascot sometimes…BOL! My Uncle DP and Auntie Kristin are awesome. They are not only MY fans – they’re fans of all Bryant athletics and huge supporters.
And my number one favorite thing about Bryant Basketball is:
- PEOPLE. Tons of people and most want one thing: To scratch my bum. I approve.